Calculations Shown Get Instant Assignment Help With Us – Assignments Online | assignmentsonline.org
Assignments Online is your one-stop for all assignment needs
Selected transactions for Essex Company during July of the current year are listed in Problem 5-3B.
In Problem 5-3B. The following were selected from among the transactions completed by Essex Company during July of the current year:
July 3. Purchased merchandise on account from Hamling Co., list price $72,000, trade discount 15%, terms FOB shipping point, 2/10, n/30, with prepaid freight of $1,450 added to the invoice.
5. Purchased merchandise on account from Kester Co., $33,450, terms FOB destination, 2/10, n/30.
6. Sold merchandise on account to Parsley Co., list price $45,000, trade discount 33%, terms 2/10, n/30. The cost of the merchandise sold was $25,000.
7. Returned $6,850 of merchandise purchased on July 5 from Kester Co.
13. Paid Hamling Co. on account for purchase of July 3, less discount.
15. Paid Kester Co. on account for purchase of July 5, less return of July 7 and discount.
16. Received cash on account from sale of July 6 to Parsley Co., less discount.
19. Sold merchandise on MasterCard, $108,000. The cost of the merchandise sold was $64,800.
22. Sold merchandise on account to Tabor Co., $16,650, terms 2/10, n/30. The cost of the merchandise sold was $10,000.
23. Sold merchandise for cash, $91,200. The cost of the merchandise sold was $55,000.
28. Received merchandise returned by Tabor Co. from sale on July 22, $3,600.
The cost of the returned merchandise was $2,000.
31. Paid MasterCard service fee of $1,650.
Journalize the entries to record the transactions of Essex Company for July using the periodic inventory system