4 Pages With References Please And No Plagiarism Get Instant Assignment Help With Us – Assignments Online | assignmentsonline.org
Assignments Online is your one-stop for all assignment needs
Though colonialism may have officially ended, the effects of colonialism are still very much present today. This is true in modern-day Africa.
Review the following resources for additional information on the slave trade in Africa:
- Origins of African Slaves: Slave Trade Routes
- Lasting Effects of Slavery on Africa
- African Countries and Independence Dates
Select 1 of the following countries from which the most slaves originated:
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Ivory Coast
Use this template to complete your paper:
- For your selected country, identify the former colonial ruling country.
- Identify your selected country’s date of independence from the colonial ruling country, and discuss the length of time the slave trade operated there.
- Discuss how the depopulation and fractured familial relationships inherent in the slave trade have affected your chosen country. Be sure to support your discussion with relevant examples.
- Are these effects still felt today? If so, how? Provide examples.
- Based on your review of this information, what conclusions can you draw about the slave trade and its effects on your selected country?
- Based on your key findings and conclusions, what recommendations do you have to help improve the conditions in the country now? Make sure your recommendations:
- include specific interventions or strategies to address the issues and constraints identified
- are feasible (politically and operationally)
- are realistic (short- and long-term)
- Utilize at least 2 credible sources to support the arguments presented in the paper. Make sure you cite them appropriately within your paper, and list them in APA format on your Reference page.
- Your paper should be 4–5 pages in length, not counting the Title page and Reference page. In accordance with APA formatting requirements, your paper should include a Title and Reference page, should be double-spaced, and include a running head and page numbers.
Boddy-Evans, A. (2017, September 18). Chronological list of African independence. Retrieved from https://www.thoughtco.com/chronological-list-of-african-independence-4070467
Pruitt, S. (2016, May 3). What part of Africa did most slaves come from? HISTORY. Retrieved from http://www.history.com/news/ask-history/what-part-of-africa-did-most-slaves-come-from
Ross, W. (2007, March 29). Slavery’s long effects on Africa. BBC News. Retrieved from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/65041