The International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems 10th Revision (ICD-10) is owned and published by the World Health Organization (WHO) and is used by nearly all countries except the United States. The United States adopted the ICD-10 classification for documenting mortality in 1999, but still uses the earlier ICD-9 system for all other purposes. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid announced that they will adopt the ICD-10 classification on October 1, 2013.
To prepare for this Application, search the Internet for information on ICD-9 and ICD-10 classifications, such as can be found at WHO ICD-10 Classification.
By Day 4
Submit your assignment
In this Application, compose 3-4 pages written in APA style on the following:
- Identify the differences between the ICD-9 and ICD-10 classifications.
- What impact will it have on the medical community to migrate medical billing systems from ICD-9 to ICD-10?
- Explain the rationale for the migration from a disease reporting perspective.
- Identify problems that can be encountered when there are co-existing standards.
- Identify one obstacle to successful conversion, and how it can be overcome.
- Identify the benefits that leveraging Web 2.0 principles will add to the WHO’s ICD-11 initiative.
Assignmentsonline.org is here to take care of your concerns. We assure you that you will be getting 100% results right according to the promises we make. Our resources and our process are adequate promises to make sure that we will provide you with the best essays, assignments, and thesis/ dissertation. Place your order now and get a special lifeline including assignments. Essays and thesis/ dissertation.