- ASSIGNMENT 2: Project Paper (200 pts)
- Week Seven Presentation Assignment Two Info Winter 2019 Go to Meeting .pptx (201.666 KB)
- HUM 112 Assignment Two Template Blank with Section Headings for Harlem Renaissance SWS Summer 2018.doc (38.5 KB)
- HUM 112 Assignment Two Excellent sample paper Fall 2018 Two women speeches .doc (16.167 MB)
- Dickens Winter 2019 Student Sample Assignment 2 .docx (20.765 KB)
- article on Zora Neale Hurston and her writing Assignment Two HUM 112.pdf (127.354 KB)
- Assignment 2: Project Paper is due this week.
Assignment Two template see attachment below (also sample Assignment two paper)
Assignment 2: Project Paper Due Week 7 and worth 200 points
Choose one (1) of the topics from the list of topic choices below. Read the topic carefully. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper (750-1,000 words) that responds to each of the items described in the topic. (Exception is the video presentation of the first topic below which is a different communication form).
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than others Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a title page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date of submission. The title page and the source list are not included in the required length (750 words minimum). The body of the paper must be double-spaced between lines and must use paragraphing.
- Topic choices (pick 1):
- Harlem Renaissance Poets. Essay & Poem. Choose two (2) poems by different authors from the Harlem Renaissance. Write an essay that:
- Describes each author’s role and importance within the Harlem Renaissance.
- Identify the elements in each of their poems in which you see evidence of the “double-consciousness” being expressed by each author.
- Fully describe at least two (2) primary themes you see in the poetry written during this time period, referring to specific lines in each of the poems.
- Discuss how these lines challenge or inspire you for your personal life or profession.
- Women Challenge their Audience. Essay. Lessons in Public Speaking: Two women of very different backgrounds and language skills gave effective speeches in the cause of abolition. Read the speeches and the background of them. Angelina Grimke Weld’s speech in Philadelphia in 1838: http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/grimke.html ; the background of that speech is at http://eloquentwoman.blogspot.com/2016/09/famous-speech-friday-angelina-grimkes.html . Sojourner Truth’s famous 1851 speech and its background: https://www.nps.gov/articles/sojourner-truth.htm . Also see background in chapter 29 (p. 963) of our class text. Then write an essay that includes the following:
- The biographical information for each woman, emphasizing elements relevant to the speeches.
- Describe the obstacles and limitations each faced that would hinder making these speeches.
- Using specific lines, show or illustrate effective speaking methods that connect to the audience.
- Describe two lessons you learn from these examples that could be of value to you for communications in your professional life.
- What Price Progress? Essay: Economic Change and Consequences. Our class text has four short reading selections from Charles Dickens, known for his literary realism in the mid-1800s when many struggled trying to adapt to unrelenting economic changes. The readings are Old Curiosity Shop (p. 922); Sketches by Boz (p. 923); Dombey and Son (p. 927), and Hard Times (pp. 928-9). Select just one of these readings. Then write an essay that includes the following: Other topic choice recommended and approved by the professor and supported by the grading rubric.
- Summarize the main ideas in the selection you chose, including the thesis or main point, and five important details
- Considering descriptions in our class text and other sources, explain conditions in London at this time, including housing, labor, and family life.
- Define literary realism and show how Dickens uses the technique in this selection. Identify Dickens’ reasons for wanting changes for the struggling poor in London.
- Describe two lessons you learn from this inquiry about the problems and responsibilities and skills needed in facing today’s
Assignmentsonline.org is here to take care of your concerns. We assure you that you will be getting 100% results right according to the promises we make. Our resources and our process are adequate promises to make sure that we will provide you with the best essays, assignments, and thesis/ dissertation. Place your order now and get a special lifeline including assignments. Essays and thesis/ dissertation.